Health Tip 5
Prevent Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiovascular disease causes strokes, heart failure and heart attacks and is the leading cause of death. To reduce your risk of these severe complaints ruining your latter years, here are the vital tips –
Keep your blood pressure in the normal range; this can be achieved by-
- Regular exercise
- Drinking plenty of water
- Taking a daily magnesium supplement
- Keeping your blood thin with fish oil, garlic and plenty of raw vegetables
- If needed, taking blood pressure reducing medications, as blood pressure must be kept below 140/90. Blood pressure must be controlled – it is a huge killer!
Keep your blood homocysteine levels low with –
- Folic acid and B vitamins, which are found in several supplements, including Livatone Plus. A healthy liver helps to keep your homocysteine levels low. Homocysteine is a protein, which is toxic if elevated, as it causes damage to your blood vessels.
- Homocysteine levels are measured in the blood by taking a blood sample. Normal homocysteine levels are in the range between 5 to 15 micromoles per litre. Blockage of a coronary artery, a precursor to a heart attack, occurs with more than double the average frequency in people with homocysteine levels in the highest 25%, as compared to those in the lowest 25%.
Control cholesterol levels with –
- A good liver tonic, as the liver regulates cholesterol levels.
- Fish oil lowers cholesterol and triglycerides; take a liquid or high quality fish oil capsule.
- If you take cholesterol lowering drugs use a supplement of co-enzyme Q 10 150mg daily