Bad breath is also known as halitosis. Bad breath can result from poor dental hygiene, tooth decay, gum disease, throat infections, sinusitis, bronchitis, smoking, dietary factors (garlic and alcohol), liver dysfunction, hypochlorhydria (insufficient stomach acid) and an overgrowth of harmful microbes in the digestive tract.
- Buy an ozone making machine and gargle with ozone water and swill around mouth. Ozone water is safe to drink.
- Proper brushing of the teeth and tongue twice daily is important, followed by flossing and thorough rinsing.
- Tea tree oil is also beneficial. Use three to four drops in water as a gargle after meals. Do not swallow it.
- Try “oil pulling” with coconut oil to draw out toxins from the gums and teeth.
- Eating raw parsley and mint can be helpful, as can drinking peppermint tea.
- Include a supplement probiotic such as Floratone – the good bacteria that normally inhabit the gastrointestinal tract.
- Put one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide in a small glass of water and swill around mouth. Do not swallow. This kills bad bacteria and whitens the teeth. CAUTION: Do not get in eyes.
If all these simple measures fail, have a thorough assessment by your dentist and your doctor.
- Follow the principles of the Liver Cleansing Diet.
- Eat a well balanced diet including plenty of raw foods, particularly fruits and vegetables. In fact, until the problem is resolved, raw foods should make up at least 50 percent of the diet, as this will lead to a healthy bacterial population in the gut and boost liver function, both of which helps to eliminate bad breath.
- Avoid sugar.
- Drink 8 glasses of water daily.
- Chewing raw fresh peppermint, fennel, parsley and taking Spirulina and mint reduce bad breath.
- Chew sugar-free xylitol gum.
- Eat citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits) every day.
Recommended juice recipes, such as the Juice for the Gums and Teeth can be found in “Raw Juices Can Save Your Life” book.
Juice for the Gums and Teeth
- 2 to 3 dandelion or 2 to 3 spinach leaves
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) fresh ginger
- 1 whole apple
- 1 orange, with half peel on
- 1 grapefruit or 1 lemon
- 1 carrot
- Wash, trim and chop and process through juicer.
- Drink approximately 7 to 14 oz (200 to 400 mls) daily.
Recommended supplements for bad breath
- Livatone Liver Tonic
Take 1 teaspoon twice daily in water or juices or 2 capsules twice daily with food – the liver is the filter and cleanser of the bloodstream, removing toxins, dead cells and debris from the bloodstream. This liver tonic helps rid the body of waste and promotes elimination via bowel actions.
- MSM Plus Vitamin C
Take 1/2 teaspoon of powder in vegetable juice twice daily – MSM and vitamin C are beneficial in healing mouth and gum disease and reducing bad breath.
- Super Digestive Enzymes
Take 1 to 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal to aid in digestion. Improving digestion reduces bad breath.
- Bacto Clear
Take 1 capsule twice daily
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
Leave A Comment